Educational shows movies that teach ABC's and 123??

Looking for ways to help my toddler with his abc and numbers. We use blocks, flash cards, we sing them, we dance to them. We talk about things we i see. I point to objects and tell him what they are and what color they are. but I am looking for other ideas, good DVD shows that you watched with your little ones to help. we will watch BabyTV from time to time, he likes the number show and he'll count with them. What did you or what are you using?

Vanessannd

Asked by Vanessannd at 10:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The LeapFrog DVDs are great. Letter Factory and Word Factory really helped my son learn the letter sounds (he already knew all his letters). I know they have a math DVD also, but I don't have that one, and so can't say if it's just as good.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Is Sesame Street still on?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• yea sesa,e street is still on. he used to like it but this past week when it came on he left the room or would turn off the tv....
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 10:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Words World DVD's are Awesome!!!

i love PBS shows!

ABC family has some nice programs.

Blues Clues

And most importanty REAding!!! Read to them daily! Show them the letters and point to the objects! reading to children builds a foundation for a 'good reader' in the future!!!

Good luck...and be sure to keep it fun!!!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Leap Frog Letter Factory
    Word World and Super Why
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• The LeapFrog DVDs are great.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• get him a special notebook and write words for him. I literally spent hours and hours writing the abc's simple words,names colors etc for my 3y/o when he was about 15mo on and now he can read about 100 site words, recognize every letter of the alphabet, in or out of order, upper or lower case and he can read simple books like hop on pop and go dogs go doing that with him will teach him more than any video on the market!
    emandnoahsmommy

Answer by emandnoahsmommy at 3:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• go to your library and look through thier DVD's. Mine has a lot and that way to get to test drive some before you spend money!
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 8:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I don't know if this is what you want or need, but, it teaches letters, their sounds, and words to go with it. Its for Kindergarten & up, but preschoolers can use it also.We use it in Kindergarten and your child just may learn from it at his/her age.

www.starfall.com

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• GO DIEGO GO!!!! And DORA THE EXPLORER!!!!
    its amazing. my son LOVES it and it helped him learn ABC's and 123's without my help!
    When i realized that the show had abc and 123 on it then i started watching with him and listening and counting and talking and helping him with the words numbers and letters. I thought he just liked it for the animals because he'll even watch animal planet because he loves animals so much so i just figured it was the whole animals thing. He would play with toys and watch TV at the same time. I got little things done around the house. I started watching with him about three months ago. We almost have ABCS down and 123s he can count on his own up to 13. Then he says 15, 14. lol. He'll be three next month. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:32 AM on Apr. 4, 2009