Getting Married in 2 Weeks...My Ring Doesn't Fit!!!

So I am getting married in a couple weeks, and I just found out a couple days ago that my wedding ring which I absolutely love, can't be resized to the size I need. I don't know what to do. It's not like we have the money to go buy another one. I am trying to sell my ring, so I can use the money to get a new one, but so far it's not looking good. What do I do?!

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 10:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• It's too big or too small?
    Anonymous

• Why can't it be resized? You might want to see another jeweler.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:38 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yeah, I would see another jeweler. Definitely.
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It's too small. I thought I would be able to get it the size that I needed like I did my engagement ring, but because of the unique design it can't be resized more than a half size up.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Hmmm. Can you exchange it where you bought it, then?

Answer by gdiamante at 10:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If it is too large...the jewlery shop sells 'sizers' . It is a device they place in the back of the ring to make it snug. It is inexpensive and can be worn for a long period of time!

If it is too small....that is another problem all together! I must be sized. Uggh! for now...buy a 'copy cat ' to use and just go on as planned.

You may have many set backs with plans for your happy day...don't let them get ya down! Just know that NO MATTER WHAT...you will be marrying 'Mr Right' and that is what matters!!

Congrats and good luck with the ring!!!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No sadly I can't. We also bought it awhile ago. I know...why am I just now finding out it doesn't fit? Well we hadn't decided when we were getting married and we figured that when we made the date we would do it closer to then. Stupid! Ugh!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• try ebay to sell it.. if that is something you want to do ... i say get a walmart ring .. so you still have a ring ...
    Chloe15Tyler19

Answer by Chloe15Tyler19 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Maybe go to a few pawn shops and see if there is something you can get an even trade for. Honestly you might end up on the shit end of the deal, but it is better than nothing especially if you dont have the money. Sorry, that really sucks, mine was the same way, we had hell trying to figure it out at first. Maybe get your engagement ring and say vows with that? I know it is not traditional, but at least it is what you already have and like. Replace the wedding band later. GL, hope you figure something out soon.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2009