How many think some moms are WAY to parinoid?

I mean, seriously, you can not protect your children all the time. What are you going to do, put them in a bubble in a cage? They will get sick, they will get hurt. Get over it all ready.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would be paranoid about the way I spelled parinoid!
    Anonymous

• Lol. *raises hand*.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Well, sure, some are. I think a lot of new moms start out like that and grow out of it a bit as the baby gets older. It really doesn't bother me unless someone is trying to spread their panic around.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Ok, yeah, I can't spell for s**t tonight. And I understand why first time moms are so scared, but what about the ones with 3 and 4?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• LOL I was the paranoid mom with my first, a little with my second, and by the time my 3rd came along, no more paranoia lol. However she did fall off a bunk bed at 20 months and broke her leg...it was her brothers bunk and she was playing with them in their bedroom. :(
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yeah, my SIL had her eight month old at our house, he could barely sit up on his own because she is cottling him constantly. My daughter kissed him on the cheek and his sort of slid sideways. No damage no crying, nothing, just a little slide south. She screamed like my daughter dropped him off a cliff. Then told her husband my daughter,"smashed his face into the ground" But she'll tell us how advanced her child is and how he can walk but he couldn't even sit up when we saw him. Whatever...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Hey, you haven't walked in my shoes or lived where I've lived or obviously, for as long as I've lived. I've been raising kids all my adult life. Two down (grown and gone), two to go. A pedophile tried to snatch my teenaged daughter twice and since I can't be there all the time, the police suggested I get her a taser and I did. (Tasers are legal in Arizona).  A grown man tried to steal my teenaged son's groceries, at a bus stop, and beat him while adults on the bus watched. If you had experienced a few of these incidents, I guarantee you too would become paranoid.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:09 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Actually, Ewadun, you don't know what I have been trough. I was molested for most of my childhood. As a teenager, I was raped. I was in a car accident at the age of 18 that almost killed me. I now have a rod in my femur and a bolt in my pelvic bone. I had my youngest on my 20th birthday. I had to have a c-section. I have had two since then and I had a dnc in there as well. So, yeah, I have been a mom all my adult life as well. And, I understand you want your children to protect themselves. But, do you follow them around EVERYWHERE they go just to make sure they don't skin their knees?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Sorry OP. I said the first comment. I'm just in a butthole mood tonight! I think I will be guilty of the paranoia though! Just watching the news anymore . . scary
    Anonymous

• I'm the further thing from paranoind. I might actually be too laid back, I'm really into letting him figuring things our for himself and if he gets hurt I hope he learns from it. I will teach him to take care of himself and teach him common sense and other than that I guess its up to God to protect him.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2009