i just gave birth (by c section) 5 weeks ago & got the depo shot 4 weeks ago, now i got my period and it is BAD (very heavy). is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Health

• you should NOT of gotten the shot that early i got my shot exactly 4 weeks after i had my son and it messed me up SO BAD!! I never stopped my postpartum bleeding and i was just abuot to start my period and it caused me to bleed so much worse. My doctor at that time was a mdicaid doctor so i went back to my old doctor and he gave me an vaginal sonogram and we found out that my menstral something (idk what its called) is double the size it should be. So my doctor told me I'll prolly be bleeding for the next 3-4 months. Just have your doctor or a different doctor check you out inside?! Hope your luck is better than mine was haha.
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• whether c/section or vaginal birth, the first real period can be heavy. Hormones are settling
    estherWSM

Answer by estherWSM at 1:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• IT IS NORMAL BUT JUST IN MY FROM MY VIEW I GAINED ALOT OF WEIGHT WHEN I WAS ON THE SHOT JUST FYI MUCH LUV GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
    beffeygirl1985

Answer by beffeygirl1985 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• As long as you are not passing clots, you are ok. But if you'd rather be safe than sorry call your OB/Gyn.
    Anonymous

• yeah your going to bleed for about a week and it going to be really heavy the depo shot worked good for me i got mine after two weeks and my bleeding stopped when i was on depo i never had a period
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2008