He's Always Hungry

My Son is 7 1\2 months old and has recently started crawling and pulling up and walking while holding on to things..
I feed him 4 meals a day 2 jars of stage 2 baby food and two bowls of cereal one has a veggie in it and the other a fruit..
plus at least 36oz of formula.. yet he's still hungry in between the feedings. So I give him a juice cup. well he's still hungry.. So I feed him some of his puffs and yogurt melts.. He would eat those all day in between meals. I dont want to give him to much formula and I dont want to give him to much of the baby food either but I feel horrible just feeding him the puffs and yogurt melts between meals..
Is there anything else I can give him to help fill him up?

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow! What an eater! He definitely sounds as if he's growing, and its no wonder he's so hungry with all the physical activity! Unfortunately, I'm sure he's just so very hungry because he is burning everything off so quickly. I think you're giving him plenty of food, and it doesn't seem like you can really give him much of anything else at his age. I would first try to ride it out and just let him fuss when he is hungry but you know he's fed. If he's only eating so much because his little body is going through a spurt, you don't want to get him used to eating a lot when his body's growth settles down. The amount seems like its sufficient - maybe try other, heavier kinds of little finger foods that won't get digested so quickly.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 11:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I agree, it sounds like you're giving him plenty, so it may just be that he's going through a growth spurt and burning most of it very quickly. I'd try maybe giving him a little bit of water in between feedings to at least make him tummy feel full. I'd just be worried that too many snacks in between meals may do more harm later so I'd just try and ride it out if nothing else works and see how he does after a few days. Good luck!
    MarinesSweetie

Answer by MarinesSweetie at 11:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• you caould give him water after each meal. he seems to be eating PLENTY. if he's fussy he could be teething and you might think that he's hungry?? or you could give him a pacifier when he's fussing. I wouldn't give him more than what he's eating now.
    jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• You mention veggies, fruits, cereal and formula. Perhaps some protein like meat if he's not eating it already? It takes longer to digest and makes you full longer? That's quite an eater you have there! Have you discussed the issue with your doctor?
    2cubs

Answer by 2cubs at 12:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2009