I have a question about my cat....

She is a ragamuffin cat and she is a snot! And not very friendly does not like to be held or petted. Sometimes she will allow you to pet her. She seems to favor my 18 year old son. I thought all cats were friendly. How did I get such a snot?

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 11:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pets

• Female cats usually are snots. Ihave one male and one female and the male is my favorite.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I know that my cat will only let you pet him when he wants to be petted. I always joke that cats think they are gods and they think we should worship them. I've noticed from my past cats that I've had sweathearts, snots, and the hunters. Every cat is diffrent just like humans are.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• cats will be cats, they are just like people all have diff personality. cats all do what they want when they want. i mean they were once worshiped and they havent forgot.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 11:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You know what they say-- dogs have owners, and cats have staff!

My cats are all pretty affectionate. I got them as strays when they were kittens at an adoptathon. I think I just got really lucky-- the cats we had as kids weren't too interested in being petted, either.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It's a good thing she is so pretty! She loves to sit in the middle of the floor in the livingroom, to let you look at her! LOL!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My cat is a snot, and he is mean to everyone but me...the one who doesn't really like him.
    IDK...cats a weird.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I know of several cats that aren't very friendly. My grandma has two of them that are VERY unfriendly, they don't liked to be held/pet and they growl at people. Cats are strange animals, some of them are soooo friendly and want attention all the time while others perfer to be left alone.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 8:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My oldest cat is like this, he only wants attention on his terms. Which is fine with me, I can't stand to have a cat under my feet or jumping on my lap all the time.
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 1:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Cats have unquie personalities of their own... I have had cats my entire life and have 3 right now... our oldest female is the most friendliest cat anyone will meet, she will introduce herself as soon as you walk into the house.My oldest male is a scaredy cat and favors me over all of the other members of the family... he has also allowed me to train him to "lay down"...lol...Now our youngest female (she adopted us last Oct.) is a snot... and a bitch at times... for months she would attack my 8 yr old gs for no reason (that has since stopped and now she just avoids him altogether)... does not like to be touched unless she wants you to touch her and has the loudest purr out of all 3.... she has special spots to lay and once when we moved the throw carpet from it's spot she went completely nuts on us until we put it back...lol... we had never seen a cat act like that before it was funny to watch...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• 2 of my five are snots. One's a male, one's a female.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2009