Nutrition restriction causing baby to be smaller ?

Up until recently the baby seemed fine well got measured at what should be my 28 week appointment and he said it shows i'm where i was 4 weeks ago,he took tests and most came back normal except one where he thinks the baby is not getting what it needs via the umbilical cord he wants me to go in for a test similar to an amnio.
Can anything be done by Iv's to change this or someone have a baby slow in growth or being able to thrive end up having a healthy baby even is it's due date took a bit longer for the baby to be able to grow to surviive outside the womb.
I'm worried but would like to go in more informed and educated to do what is best for my baby and as well my health.
He did mention this change is not from my due date being off or that would of showed earlier on.
Thank you so much in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not to bash, but maybe you should try eating more nutrititons food. Apply for food stamps if you need help.
    Anonymous

• Make sure you are eating lots of fiber and calcium and folic acid. Im not sure what foods are best for the folic acid but those are some things that should really help the baby to grow! No matter what the baby will take what it needs from your body so the best and what I have been told is to make sure you have enough for yourself as well that way the baby has plenty! hopefully your doctor has helped you as well with what to do!
    soon2bekayden

Answer by soon2bekayden at 12:08 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• OP Here: To clarify,it's not due to eating bad or not having access to food due to economic means.
    I'm seeking answers to help,not to be bashed.
    I have consulted a prenatal dietician however it's seems to be more complicated than just this alone.
    Which is why any answers of educated,caring means is why i came here to figure our what can be done for baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• im going through the same thing at the moment however im 36wks. My dr says its called interuterin growth restriction. its where for whatever reason your baby isnt getting what they need from the placenta. there isnt anything you can do and there is nothing you did to cause it unless of course you were drinking and doing drugs but im assuming you werent. our baby has been 4lbs 9oz for the last 3weeks now however hes doing well in the womb as far as heart rate and movements so they have left him in there so his lungs can develope. Try not to stress about it. If they get super worried they will monitor you and baby closley if all else fails they will give you a stariod shot and deliver baby. Most babies do well on the outside.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Op Here:
    JaxsmommyO9,Thank you this is what they are suspecting but all tests up until now have been normal so this is rather upsetting.
    I do not drink or smoke even before i was pregnant,took multi vitamin,drank water,exercise,whole grains,low fat,lean meats and so on.
    My husband had a condition where he did not grow for 4 years but he is healthy on all accounts,just shorter than his other siblings.To this day they can never figure out the cause.
    Doctor said will do some testing but more than anything baby will need just more time to grow before he is to come into the world to assure healthy lung development and so on.
    I'm just taking it easy and seeing what these next weeks bring and proceed from there to do what is best for baby and me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2009