Have you ever had a problem being jealous, and later got over it?

How did you do it? I remember a long time ago I wasn't like this, but I don't know how to be that again. Some things I would have never even thought of back then. Now I'm always cautious. I'm not jealous or envious of other women, the problem is with my husband, not them. I can say that he did me wrong for a very long time, and took me for granted. He wasn't being the husband he should have been being, and I clearly see why I developed these problems, but I don't want to be like this. Even if he was the one who caused them. I still hate it. Long story short, he pretty much treated me like I was non-existent for a long time in many ways, not just in that. He was still young, and wasn't taught how to treat a woman. Now I just feel hurt and jealous. He's been a compulsive liar, and has put a lot of people and things before me. He's got better, still nowhere he should be, but I get worse as time goes by.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• i am very jealous of women who came out of the hospital with a flat belly or it didnt take them long to lose the weight after having a baby.... i need to lose 15- 20 more pounds and i hate my body... they make me sick!
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have never been the jealous type. Jealousy comes from insecurity and lack of confidence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Well like I said anon. He's did some bad things to me that caused me to be insecure.
    I'm kinda looking for someone who can RELATE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i was really jealous long time ago, when we were boyfriend and girlfriend with my now husband. I was very insecure, he was everything to me and he too took me for granted. Then when he changed... He want to get married and I knew he change, I felt that. I change too, I am not more jealous , I trust him. What do you feel inside of you? Do you think he will change and be the person who deserve you ? You have the answer.
    sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 1:37 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yes, I used to be jealous with my husband. I had an ex who cheated on me a lot.
    I got over it by realizing my husband was not my ex in any way and I had to stop comparing them. My husband is pretty awesome, he goes to college, (like me) and girls are going to talk to him about school work. No one has ever tried asking him out, he tells everyone about me because he loves me. Guys talk to me, but they know I'm married and my husband is totally cool with guys talking to me about school and getting together for study groups, even calling the house for homework assignments. I still get a little irritated when co-workers of his text him just to say hi, but I think the bottom line is trust; which we have.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 1:38 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i used to be. we were young when we got together ( i was 14), so for awhile i was a bit untrusting. now i know what's what and who he's coming home to. he has proven himself trustworthy.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• im more jealous than i thought ! i don't mean to be but its becoming that way. i accidently 'accused' him of cheating on me in the future. like, he'd be a bad person and actually go through with it or something and he got mad. i don't blame him because i know he wouldnt do something like that. i don't exactly know why i think that but i wish i wasnt that way either. he has never cheated on me ever. but, if he did..he'd probably be gone because i can't forgive a liar. im not quite sure if jealousy has a cure until he actually stops doing everything wrong and becomes your bitch. lol. because its something guys are used of!
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 7:29 AM on Apr. 4, 2009