semen question..weird I know

Ok I know this sounds silly but the other day me and my closest friend somehow got on the conversation about semen, and I happen to say that I hate the way it smells. She had NO clue what I was talking about she said she had never smelled semen or if she had it didn't have a smell. Now I've only had sex with one person my husband of course so what I'm wondering is, is everything normal or should I be worried?? lol I know that sounds stupid but I'm just very curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Health

• I have never noticed a smell before.
    Anonymous

• I never noticed a smell with my husband, and this is totally gross, but growing up, I could always tell when my mom and her husband had sex the night before because their room would stink, like a nasty musk. They are divorced now, I don't ever smell that, so I'm guessing it was him.
    Anonymous

• I've never noticed a smell to it either.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have noticed a smell of ammonia.. but i believe it all depends on what your husband eats.. thats my opinion
    Chloe15Tyler19

Answer by Chloe15Tyler19 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Sometimes I notice there's a bleachy smell to it. I have heard it depends on what the man is eating and how his overall health is. As long as it doesn't smell overpowering or foul I think he's fine.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I've never smelled anything bad either. I'd look into it, but it could be he's eating something weird. Garlic? Asian foods?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• When I was pregnate with my first I could deffinatly smell my partners semen. I used to feel really bad because after intercorse I'd have my "ANYTIME SICKNESS" because it just seemed to smell so strong. I think it just depends on how sensitive your since of smell gets when your pregnate for some women it gets a little more intence. I'm actually quite relieved someone else experenced somthing similar i thought i might be nuts. :) *no pun intended..... But also I kind of wondered if it was because my pregnacy cause me to be very um.... well sexually driven and if that also had something to do with it..
    mystics_draco69

Answer by mystics_draco69 at 3:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2009