Why so late? Now how do I calculate ovulation? Depressed!!

Had MC Dec 08...First AF was 4wks later...and have been since(28,29 daycycle regularly/consistently) until this month. I was supposed to start 3-26th, but no sign of AF, literally no cramps nothing til today. So 8 days late, a 36 day cycle. I have never been that late in all my life. I have been using the yourdays.com ovulation calculator and put in for the 36 day cycle. But my question is what if my body goes back to regular 28 cycle. I feel everything is so messed up now. I'm starting to get really down about ttc. when i mc'd in dec my sis got pregnant. Today at waly-world, i swear every pregnant person was out. And now it's time to buy another ovulation test. Sorry just venting. Just don't know why i was so late and are my ovulation calculations going to be accurate?

blrusso

Asked by blrusso at 11:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Look for a lot of mucus. You will feel wetter on your ovulation day, and the mucus will resemble egg whites and will be very stretchy. Most people have a 14 day luteal phase. Even when my cycles were 30 days, my luteal days were still 14 days. Look for ovulation around 2 weeks after your period. Look for some slight cramping. Some people have cramping when they are about to ovulate. I do.
    Anonymous

• You can tell when you're about to ovulate because you will start having lots of cervical fluid that looks like raw eggwhites. Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. Best book I ever bought, no joke.

I know it's frustrating, but it will happen. You'll learn so much about your cycle by reading that book. Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yes, honey look for the egg whites. I know exactly when I got pregnant. We weren't actively trying to conceive like a mission, but we weren't trying to prevent it. We had sex and the next morning when I peed, I noticed the egg whitish type substance when I was wiping. My daughter will be 9 months old on the 8th. Seriously, check out things downstairs on a regular basis. I wish you the best of luck and am sending baby vibes you way ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• *your way!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Your body may still be adjusting from your MC (which Im very sorry about by the way) My advice to you, and Im no expert or anything, is to keep your head up and keep trying. it will happen for you. buy the ovulation kits that will tell you if you are ovulating or not and just keep trying. be happy for your sister (which i know may be hard right now) but know that everything happens for a reason.
    good luck and remember to keep your hopes high!!
    Luckystar3982

Answer by Luckystar3982 at 12:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• also, i think worrying and stress can delay your period too unfortunetly
    Luckystar3982

Answer by Luckystar3982 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 5, 2009