What vacuum do you recommend?

I need a new vacuum but I don't want to spend over $200. I want something that cleans REALLY well and removes allergens. I am a clean freak.

trepsica

Asked by trepsica at 11:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I've gotten new Dysons on Ebay for as low as $289 and you can also get a % back from livesearch. A couple of months ago I got one for $289 and got 25% back. Last month I got one from the same guy for $289 and got 9% back. Troy toasts vacuums with his job and always has a backup or two, so I always get the new one for the house and give him the last one I was using.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• BISSEL
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• bissel what?
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• WE HAVE HAD 2 BISSELS THEY BOTH WORKED GOOD, I DONT KNOW THE NAME OF THE ONE BECAUSE WE JUST GOT IT ...
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No that other one that starts with a D, I saw it on Oprah! WTH is it called. Dirt Devil is good.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:37 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• a dyson? They are good BUT they cost about 500 buckarooooosss
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:40 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Everything under $200 seems to be a piece of crap.. I've tried dirt devil, and bissel.. both disappointments! I asked my sis in law for her used Kirby and it works great.. it's old, and still has tons of sucking power, I love it.. Maybe you can find a good used Electrolux.. those work GREAT.. my folks shelled out a bunch of money for a new one, but they never fail.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• The Bissel Lift Off!!!!!! I've had mine for four years now, and it's still picking up!!! I think it was like $200 at the time I bought it. It's a bagless and you have to clean the filters. I clean them about once a week. VERY good vacuum!
    Jerbear_1974

Answer by Jerbear_1974 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i want a bagless upright, but i don't have any experience with them, other than dysons, but i don't want t spend $549 ON A VACUUM! i'm going to look into the lift off!
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have a Dyson animal. We have pets and it is pet hair killer! It is expensive, but I got it on sale at target and it came with a target gift card. I realize they are still expensive, but you get what you pay for.

I have to admit that the new Dyson that is on a "ball" looks kinda cool.
    emdred

Answer by emdred at 10:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2009