• In the Spotlight:

What was going through that mother's mind?

WARNING: This is a very sad story involving a 2 year old child...but she is going to survive surprisingly. These news stories lately just make me wonder what in the world are these mothers thinking?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512465,00.html

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What pisses me off is the CPS thing!! They KNOW she is psychiotic yet they leave the baby in her custody? Where is her family? Where is the sperm donor for this baby? Does he know about his baby? Does he care? Why was she off her meds? I feel sorry for the baby , of course but I aslo feel for the mom. She has probably been diagnosed with postpartum depression when the baby was born yet no one supervised her. Just like the lady in Houston who drowned her babies because she thought they were the devil. She had been on meds a couple of times yet her husband wanted her have more babies...PPL don't realize postpartum care doesn't just involve the uterus!! The mind & hormones are dangerous!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Oh the 100 stabbings story? All I know is the woman is obviously mentally ill.. She suffers from much more than just depression. Im thinking this woman is schizophrenic. I hope she gets what she deserves... even if they put her in a mental hospital for the rest of her life.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I don't think they are thinking. I think they are mentally impaired...which does not excuse it.

Very very sad!

I can't imagine what effect this will have on the little girl when she grows up,
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:24 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Fking psychotic biotch. Poor little girl.
    This reminds me of the family that starved their lo because he was a "demon."
    Psychos!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• What I am upset about is the possibility that CPS had been in the childs home the day before and hadn't done anything. I bet the worked that did that visit probably feels REALLY guilty now, and if they don't, they should. And another thing, it really irkes me when people use depression as an excuse for things like this. I have depression that comes and goes, so I don't really need meds, and I don't take them. I have still NEVER had any thoughts of hurting anyone of my children.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• They ought to permanently sterilize this woman and then lock her up for the rest of her life. (Sterilize her first because prisoners sometimes get let go even with life sentences, and we must make sure she never has another child to abuse like this.) I don't think a mental hospital is punishment enough for her, whether she remembers it or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• wow.... this is crazy.... there's our wonderful cps for you... isn't their job to protect children?? how were there NOT warning signs??

is the baby going to be okay?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• The issue lies in the fact that most states will not act until the person is determined to be a risk to themselves or to others. Not taking their meds and being mentally ill does not mean they are a threat....My best friend's brother has schizophrenia...he is NOT fit to be out on the street on his own...but since he can dress himself and managed his money, they cannot put him away.

Sadly, it's when someone gets hurt or killed that the state will finally act.
    randi1978

Answer by randi1978 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009