my 3 year old got a permanent marker and colored all over the bedroom wall. any ides how to get it off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The Magic eraser. I love it.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• You can try a magic eraser, but will probably have to paint over it. I would do it soon though because she may continue to do it if she thinks she got away with it.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Mr. Clean Erasers! I have no idea what those things are made of, but they are incredible!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• If you're very careful with the magic eraser, you might not have to paint, which is good, 'cause if you do she'll find something else to do to the wall. :) Best to wait till she's older. We have lots of messed-up places on the bottoms of our walls, and I'm pretty much just leaving them till my lil boy's older. Then HE can paint over his marks and scrapes! lol
    Katze

Answer by Katze at 12:39 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i dont know if the magic earser will work but rubbing alcohol did the trick when my son decided he was going to marker our walls just becarefull you dont scrub to hard it should come off easily with rubbing alcohol.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Goo Gone! It works wonders!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:23 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• id used tooth paste.. with baking soda.. but that was for crayons....lol
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 3:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• spray hairspray on it and wipe with a dry cloth while hairspray is still wet. or, I have used wet sos pads... my darling 3y/o loves to write on the walls...he is now only allowed to use chalk...a LOT easier to remove than crayon or marker!!
    emandnoahsmommy

Answer by emandnoahsmommy at 3:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Try vodka. I used to work in a research lab, and we used ethanol to clean up permanent markers on equipment.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:23 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Kilz with stain blocker and then a coat of paint.

If the magic eraser doesn't work.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:05 AM on Apr. 4, 2009