How can I prevent hair loss and thinning?

I am literally loosing clumps of hair everytime I comb or wash it, its falling out everywhere! Im only 27. I had a baby 6 months ago and been in the hospital for gallbladder surgery could any of this cause mass hairloss? I mean Im starting to go bald at the very top of my head! its really scary...I had a blood test done and still waiting for the results but in the meantime what can I do besides cutting my hair shorter and taking vitamins?
I know its normal to have postpartum hairloss but not this much!!!

Jakesmom000

Asked by Jakesmom000 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Health

• You should get checked for alopecia. It might just be the hormonal changes.

I don't know about any quick fixes, but my grandmother swears by biotin--you need to take 100 mg a day. She swears that her hair got thicker and actually darker when she began to take it.

A friend of mine has alopecia, and she wears really cute scarves on her head or hats.

Good luck!!

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2009