Has any one else had a problem with elmo?

I know it may sound crazy, but my two year old son has come into an obsession with Elmo. He does not watch tv and the only elmo he has come into contact with is a toy that his 4 year old cousin has that sings elmo's world. Has anyone else suffered this phenomenon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like a phase or a fad. He'll get over it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• yai got a problem with elmo, the bastard wont stop calling me. He calls and hangs up. I know its him cause i can hear the "ha ha ha ha ha ha elmos world " in the backround. I report it to the ploice, but they say theres nothing they can do. they laugh and hang up. if he ever strays from sesame street, im gonna kick his elmo ass. and thats all ive got to say about that.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• There is like kiddie crack in elmo toys. or something, I never put seaseme street on yet my daughter pointed out elmo and got all excited yesterday. freaked me out. I dont have anything against the show, just i prefer less tv so we watch dora and ni hao, once a day and the rest of the day is mommy and her teachers teaching her things... damn elmo. :)
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 2:36 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Better than some of the other characters out there!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have an Up Up Elmo that DD got for her bday. I can't stand him! All he says is, "Up Up Elmo! Up Up Elmo!" I shut him off and now he just sits there. HAHAHAHAHAHA thank heavens plastic children's toys have off buttons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Oh Yeah, we have tons of Elmos! I swear it is like a pp said, kiddie crack or something in them. Thankfully it only lasted for 1 1/2 years. He's ready to move on now! Anyone want any Elmos? We have them all, TMX, TMX Extreme, guitar playing, going to the potty, life sized - you name it we got it!
    DeeGillette

Answer by DeeGillette at 7:29 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• YES YES YES...and Abby too...all day long I hear abby abby abby elmo elmo elmo...in their sleep, when they eat, the second they wake up. It's insane and I didn't know it started so young. The only good thing is that I can manipulate them with Abby and Elmo as treats like "Abby wants you to wear your hair like her's so you have to sit still while mommy does your hair" and "Elmo loves when you eat all your eggs". Other than that it's really annoying!! They now have 2 Elmo dolls and an Abby doll and Sesame Street as many times a day as I can take.
    gummylump

Answer by gummylump at 9:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• yep my almost 2yr old is always wanting to watch elmo not that i let her everytime but she does get to watch it at nite b4 bed but thats all i hear everyday as soon as she wakes up b4 nap after nap at nite and so on but then again they do get to learn from the show shes counting up to 15 already and she loves the elmos world song
    cocobutt2002

Answer by cocobutt2002 at 2:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2009