Im 6 weeks pregnant and confused!!??

Ok I am 6 weeks pregnant with my second child and I am already showing, i have gained 5-6 lbs. i can feel movement and dont fit into any of my clothes anymore....alot of people keep telling me it could be twins. my dad is a fraternal twins and twins and triplets are very common in my family. I have my first doctors visit monday 6 and they told me we would only do bloodwork....i was wanting to do an ultrasound to find out....could it be that i am pregnant with twins???

ProudMamma469

Asked by ProudMamma469 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You definitely could be pregnant with twins or could be further along then you think, perhaps your last period wasn't really a period at all just some bleeding related to the pregancy. At six weeks the baby or babies are so tiny you should not be feeling any movement , it's heart has just started beating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• It is possible you could be pregnant with twins or it could just be bloating. At 6 weeks I was very bloated and had a hard time fitting into my clothes. You might be able to ask for an ultrasound at your appt.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Tell them you're spotting-- that'll get you an ultrasound! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• At 6 weeks "pregnant" you are really only 4 weeks pregnant, remember, because how far along you are is measured by LMP, not by gestational age.

I echo the first poster.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 4:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My DD is now 10 weeks along with her 2nd baby. she REALLY thought she was further along or carrying an army, however her doctor did order an ultrasound & she was7 wks with 1 baby. He was only 1/2 cm big it was SO cool seeing him!! Yes I am pushing for a boy. They have a girl now & ganma only has 1 grandson who is 5 I WANT A BABY BOY!!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:01 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• BTW her due date is Halloween!! I am so excited!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2009