how do i get my daughter to sleep

my daughter will not nap and wont go to sleep at night it is a hassle she stays awake and screams and bangs on the door and wall like she is afraid but her room has soft blue lights that makes it to not be dark nothing i have done will help and it makes her a terror of a day what can i do

mom_of_crazytot

Asked by mom_of_crazytot at 12:31 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does she have a special lovey? A blankie or stuffed animal that is her special friend? That may help.
    If she already has one, get a second one that is a "protector". We have a little dragon who stays on her bed and who's sole "job" is to chase away all monsters. Since we got him, we haven't had any monster trouble.
    I'd also keep her very low key for a few days. Quiet activites, quiet shows, very little active play. Give her teething tablets about half an hour before sleep time. Also consider giving her a dose of motrin at the same time.

Good luck!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2009