I need some advice...

Jealously.

I've been having a really big problem with it lately. I swear I'm jealous of just about everyone I know in some way or another. Why can't I just be thankful for what I have??!

I'm jealous of the freedom some of my friends have.
I'm jealous of the things and how much money people have.
I'm jealous of their relationships.

I'm just plain jealous.

I need some advice on how to be confident in who I am and what I have!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Health

• Ok, I went through this not to long ago as well. There are many things in this world that will make any woman feel this way. Some are just afraid to admit it. So you've just don't the first biggest thing, admitting that you feel this way. I will tell you what I had to do. Now I had to turn to GOD. I asked him to take away this feeling. I just couldn't live my life this way anymore. I was jealous of girls that were skinny and could wear what they wanted when I had baby fat from having the kids. But I have realized how blessed I really am. I have a wonderful family. I have two great kids. I have a loving and devoted husband. And I have a good relationship with GOD.
    I don't really have any advice for you. Bc it's a thing you must change on your own. You have to become comfortable with yourself and who you are before you can make the change. Being yourself and who you are is what makes you unique. So embrass it
    CaSsY1005

Answer by CaSsY1005 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• It's okay to be jealous. It's not okay to be angry and jealous.

Remind yourself that you are a great person. You have reasons to be happy, and reasons to be sad-- just like everyone else. Remind yourself of your accomplishments, no matter how small, because sometimes the smallest accomplishments are the greatest.

There will always be someone richer, someone smarter, someone fitter, someone thinner, someone prettier, someone greater. But there will never be another you, the way you do things, the way you think about things, and the way you touch and reach people. You are not perfect, but you shouldn't expect to be. But you are not the worst, because you cannot be.

If there's someone you admire, ask how they do it. Then adjust the strategy to fit you. Want more freedom? Get a sitter and go out with friends or by yourself. Want a stronger relationship? Act more lovingly toward your SO--he'll return it.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2009