How many mothers leave their children in the car alone to go do something real quick (i.e. pay for gas, take a cart back)?

I will explain after there have been a few posts.

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do, he is 13 and if I can't leave him by himself for a few seconds I would just leave him home by himself ..hee hee
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• If my nine year old is with me, and the car is not out of my sight at all, yes. But the nineteen month old alone, not a chance.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I do, but thats because its a very small store in the middle of nowhere and where i live everyone is very honest... and i can see the car at all times and i lock the doors and set the alarm of course
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My rule of thumb is that if I can't see the car and hear her crying I don't leave. I don't go inside and leave her outside. I DO sometimes leave her in order to take the cart back, but only if I parked right next to the return bin. If I'm farther away than one or two parking spaces I leave the cart or I carry her to the car after I return it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• no way would i ever!!! not at my sons age (2)... thats sooo dangerous...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I saw a lady hanging out inside the liquor store while her toddlers were in their carseats crying in the car that was still running outside. She was in no hurry. This is the bad part of town too. She was just chatting away. I went and got gas next door and she was still there!! And yes, I know they were her kids, she lived in the apartment above me so I know who she is and what car she drove...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I will occasionally have my 10 and 11 year old sons wait in the car, with the doors locked, if we are on the Air Force Base. When we are off base, NO WAY. Too much goes on in this city. My 4 year old is NEVER in the car without me, it only takes a minute for someone to break a window and jump in the car. Too many carjackings with babies still inside that I have heard about.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have three boys 12, 7, and 10 months and I only leave them in the car while I am putting away the cart at the grocery store, I pay at the pump when I get gas.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 12:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I know this will probably start a debate. The only reason I ask is because I have seen a lot of paranoid moms on here that complain about other moms leaving doors unlocked and things like that, so I was wondering if they do this, or if they are just generally all around perfect.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Only if I am parked right next to the cart return. I park further away from the store if it means I can be beside a cart return. Otherwise I put the groceries in the car, take the cart and kids to the return, unload the kids and go back to the car (pain in the ass!) I pay at the pump for gas.
    2cubs

Answer by 2cubs at 12:56 AM on Apr. 4, 2009