How come black people get hung up on the whole slavery thing when other races have had it just as rough or worse and don't complain?.. Oh and what's with having to call black people "african-american" when Jamaicans are black too!?

I was wondering this. It bothers the hell out of me. Any history professor I have ever had the pleasure of taking a class with states this. The Irish for example were lower than slaves.. they were indentured servants... so low on the chain that instead of the black slaves getting a job that could possibly kill them, the Irish were sent to do it. The Native Americans were given blankets infected with deadly diseases and then had their land stolen from them.. Even now most don't own land but have to live on a reservation. Native Americans are STILL being treated like shit. The Jewish peoples were put in concentration camps, used as slaves, beaten, children and babies killed... yet I don't see or hear these groups of people complaining about how unfair life is to them and how they are owed a debt because of this.
Another thing that kills me is when a black person is caught doing something wrong.. they blame whites on being racis

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't anwer this as I once had a black man in me too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i think the jews had it worse than ANYONE... you don't hear them crying...

i'm sorry but people need to move on from the whole slavery thing... it's 2009.... me, my mother, and my grandmother weren't around in slavery times... and neither were alot of other peoples...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have also thought the same thing. I am not racist at all but it bugs the hell out of me when blacks use the race card! None of these young black men/women were slaves but yet they always use that as a defense. Get over it and make something out of your life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Why because I think they might have a big package? I know what I am and it's not racist
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I go use the bathroom and I miss somethig, damn it!
    I also think the Jews had it worse then anyone, Hitler sure in the hell wasn't easy on them.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:17 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i didn't find that comment racist.... anon :12 is a prime example... quick to cry out racism....g.a.l.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I think all races have had thier own personal suffering. Black, Jewish, Native Americans, Mexicans, South Americans. I still don't get why you would want to get people riled up and sad at the same time. When I think about what my dad went through in the 50's, coming here LEGALLY and then immediately drafted.... The Army was willing to take a 3 month Resident Alien into their branch without knowing a word of english. I wonder what their plans were for him. I guess they hoped the Korean War would re-ignite and get rid of him. It was in fact the best thing that happened to him, he learned english and went from a cook to an electrician and lived the American dream. (so am I, because of all of the events that took place). Life is what you make of it)!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I do think Jewish people had it bad....but I do think they think they are still owed alot.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• The word racist is thrown around to much these days. I read the comment and laughed at it, does that make me a racist too?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• lol
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2009