how do i stop mourning sickness

britt690

Asked by britt690 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you cant stop it but here are some things that might help
    try eating small meals often
    take your prenatals at night
    try a vitamin b 6 first thng in the morning
    ginger tea or tablets have been known to work
    also peppermint candy works pretty well to. good luck and just remember it only last for a while. and its all worth it in the end.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I was sick with my dauhter from day 1 until i delivered her and nothing helped. I know this won't help but just remember it's for a reason. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:25 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i keep saltine crackers by the bed and try to eat one or two before i get out of bed.. which is hard to do when you have to pee like crazy lol
    also.. i learned to stay away from gatorade and other sports drinks first thing in the morning.. they upset your empty tummy and really feel horrible coming up. stay with water, sprite or teas for the morning.
    i'm going to try the b6 idea because i've been getting sick in the middle of the day and nothing has helped with that.
    ginger is supposed to help as well.. look up recipes for ginger pancakes, or just put a little ginger powder in your regular mix. might help.
    KyleeTrogolo

Answer by KyleeTrogolo at 1:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I was told by my doctor that you need to try different strategies because your body will get used to the method you're using, and adjust. So.. I started off with saltines, When that no longer worked, I went with peppermint tea. When that stopped working, I moved onto acupressure bands. They worked the longest-- about 6 weeks. I then chewed ginger gum (found in the drug store next to the acupressure bands) right after meals, and that seemed to help for a while.

Fortunately, my nausea abated around the 14th week, and although I still have to eat only small meals, it's gotten much better.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:01 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Ginger is said to work wonders for morning sickness. Also, flat cola (coke to be specific) is great for upset stomachs. You're going to have to experiment though. Try setting saltines next to your bed so you have something to nibble on as soon as you wake up. If that doesn't work try not eating until you are "awake" and start with something VERY simple like celery. As time goes on you will figure out what works for you and what is just going to send you running for the toilet. Good luck hun, morning sickness has got to suck.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 3:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• well i am now almost 22 weeks pregnant and im still sick my guess is its a girl thing lol almost everyone i know that has had a bay girl had more morning sickness then with a boy
    there really is nothing you can do although i have heard of b-natal its a pill specifically made for morning sickness you can look into that
    MarineWife09

Answer by MarineWife09 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• hello i am 5 months now and i am haveing a boy i was sick to but with my daughter it was worse i stayed sick could not keep nothen down stayed in the hospital alot this time it was not as bad i drank sprite some times i could eat and drink and sometimes i would get sick the pill that worked best for me is called metoclopramideits a sb for reglan it worked really good for me nothen else worked now i am better and i eat all the time lol.
    brittanysmom87

Answer by brittanysmom87 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009