• In the Spotlight:

Jet bath pros and cons pls

I am considering a jet bath but hubby wants a new garage door :( Please give me advice regarding the jet bath pros and cons.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We have a jet tub, the pros are that our kids love to play in it,lol The cons are the cost... Ours wasn't cheap. In the past yr I have taken an actaul "jet" bath one time... Hubby and I get in our tub together but never turn on the jets. It's much more relaxing to just sit in a hot bath with him. We plan to remodel our master bath and it won't have a jet tub in it... We're getting an old fashioned claw foot tub, a big one. So there's my opinion on them... And as for the garage door, there are some really pretty ones and it can change the whole appearance of your home... And we couldn't live without our automatic door opener,lol
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have a jetted tub and I just don't make time for it. That being said, I'm not normally a bath kinda gal anyway. If you're accustomed already to taking baths, it might be worth it.

The main problems I have with it are that you have to remember to clean inside the assembly by running hot water with cleanser-recommended-by-your-manufacturer through it. I use dishwasher tabs in mine. Then you have to REFILL the tub and run it again with the clean water to rinse it out.

Then odds are I won't use it again and the water that just never drains out will get mildewy, requiring me to repeat the above cleaning steps every single time I want to use it.

I like it when I'm in it, though. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:11 AM on Apr. 5, 2009