Hemorrhoids... wtf.. maybe tmi?

I think I got hemorrhoids when I was pregnant and recently they have gotten itchy and uncomfortable and sometimes bleed a little with a bowel movement.. What can I do about these? Should I call my doctor or self treat? What treatments work best? How can I cut down on the mess? Ahh! It's so annoying!

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:37 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Health

• Ok..first of all, try taking some miralax or fiber tablets. Something to keep the stool from being so hard. Then, I would say that preparation H is the best. They have the gel that you put up in there with the applicator and it really does soothe them. You can also use the pads to help with burning and itching. Once you get a softer stool the hemms will start to heal on their own. Good luck. I have had issues with that for a long time.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:19 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have issues with these and my kid's 3 now. I am going to see a specialist because it could be internal hemorrhoids and possibly burst or something. Talk to your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Well, how bad are they? Try anusol and not preparation h. Make sure you're eating fiber and use flushable wipes for now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Well I can't see them but I can sort of feel a soft bulge on the outside of my anus and there is a few drops of blood on the TP with a hard or large stool... dry TP is too irritating after a couple wipes.. I found I have to use cottonelle wet wipes. I have tried prep H.. and it even had a nozzle for internal ones.. when I tried using it and it hurt really bad.. I wasn't rough or anything :/
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I heard of someone using vinegar to cure that problem, it hurts like sob but its a cure..
    Anonymous