How can I get back out dating again?

I have been single since I found out i was pregnant. I hated guys for so long, but now I am ready to finally meet a man. I just dont know where to begin. Online dating is embarassing to me and i tried one but all the guys are losers. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Hmmm...I had a little "break" with my s.o. this past summer. We tried dating, but I didn't have any luck, I'd say try to stay away from the bar scene. Most guys (and girls) are looking to get laid, so you'll sorely disappoint some one (if not everyone) there. I liked meeting guys at the college events (smart and cute!) and at the local coffee shops. Just find that one cutie and then step up to him and talk about whatever he's got going on--newspaper in hand? "what's interesting in the news today? just read the sports? all i read is the horoscope?hahaha"
    Crystala99504

Answer by Crystala99504 at 5:32 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I feel bad for people who are single..I hated it. ..thankfully I found a great guy. I was older 36 when I divorced, pickin is slim at that age too. I did meet my husband in a bar. We have been together 18 years and I would not trade him for the world. People say what kind of a guy can you meet in a bar? or You don't want someone that hangs out at a bar...like everyone there is a loser....GEES I was there! I was and am not a loser and neither was/is he. Just because you go there does not mean you and all the others are looking for sex. I just went with friends to dance, drink and have fun. I was not about one night stands, some are some aren't. All those other places mentioned above are good places to meet good people, but you can meet them in the bar. Some there do have problems, some don't. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I would say go out and have fun with whatever you like to do, having fun and smiling and being happy will make men interested in you no matter where you are or what your doing. Shine girl and they will ask you out, you won't have to look hard or even very far. A girls night out will be a good place to start just to get you out and having fun. If you dont like the bar scene, go to a movie or sport event. Anything you will have fun doing. Good luck.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 10:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2009