How can you tell the difference between Postpartum Depression and regular depression??

Things in my life are going bad, very bad. My insecurities are getting the better of me, my relationship with my husband is going bad like considering divorce bad, we are very broke and have no income right now, I feel like I can't handle caring for two kids, I question why we had our second baby if we cannot afford him, I get very stressed over little things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it strikes within a year of having a baby, it's generally considered PPD.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• It doesn't really matter the cause... depression is depression and if you are feeling down you should talk to your doctor to see if they can help you through this.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Either way you should see a doctor. Tell them how you're feeling. There is a lot of stress in your life right now and it's perfectly normal to be down about it. Keep in mind your beautiful blessings. Please talk to someone no matter what.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2009