How do you feel about the N?

Also known as teen nick or nichelodeon for teens. It seems to me that is geared more towards preteens and alot of thier shows and even comercials have younger teens in sexual situations. Do you let your kids watch it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• It is made for "teens" but honestly I don't know anyone over 14 who watches theN. It really does seem like they are making the shows for tweens instead of teens. The shows aren't any good either. Even with out the inappropriate content, they are just bad shows. No real plots, lessons or anything like that. If you have a kid that wants to watch "teen" shows from nick buy the dvd's of Clarissa Explains it All, Pete and Pete, and all of the older shows from the late 80s early 90s. (made back when Nick gave a cr@p about kids and the programs. now they are all about making shows that influence kids to spend all their money on cd's and worthless junk merchandising.)

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 11:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I totally agree w/you. I don't let my 10 yo dd watch those kind of shows. They are geared to make our pre-teens sexual and plant weird ideas and disrespect into their heads! Yes, as you say even the commercials. Have you noticed two of them don't even have their parents in the show? Just the teens
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I don't have teens yet, but I have watched some of the shows, and I found myself thinking that they seemed awfully....mature, for being a channel geared toward teens. Although I believe kids get their morals and values from home, not tv, I still wouldn't want to let my kids watch those shows, since they would undermine what I try to teach them.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I personally think this is a channel for immature adults. NOT teens. I know it's intended for teens but the things on that channel are ridiculous. Girls and especially boys do NOT need to be interested in shows about sex, and other things, especially so young. I think it is INSANE and gives nickalodeon a bad name =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i Definately agree w pp...im not against homosexuality at all, but theres this one show where the girls are lesbian and making out and stuff..reminds me of something id see late night on MTV...im only 24 and have toddlers, but i still wouldnt let them watch those shows when they get older...that's way too mature for them and i think those shows should either be canceled becuase the channel is geared towards pre and teens, or put on a different channel
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2009