I'm so worried it is driving me insane

I am 12 weeks pregnant. I work nights as a janitor, one job I do every night is a car dealership. In the garage I have to clean up oil spills, empty trash bins (which have automotive chemicals inside that make my nose burn when I change the bag) and sweep the entire garage which is dirt, brake dust and oil soaked saw dust. There are signs all over the place that say "this area contains chemicals known to the state of california to cause cancer, birth defects and reproductive harm." I know that brake dust contains asbestos among other harmful things in that area. anyway, at my appointment the other day my doctor said i should not have spent any time in that garage and I must be tested for birth defects and also that the most sensitive time for the fetus was just passed. Today I asked to be moved from that job . I am so terrified the damage has already been done.please if anyone can give me info..i am so scared!

momtosammyt

Asked by momtosammyt at 5:38 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sorry no information for you but you are in my thoughts and here's a bump (if that even matters in the question/answer section). I hope everything is ok with your baby!
    naomianne2

Answer by naomianne2 at 6:42 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• you should be ok ill pray for ya :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2009