Torn Uterus

Im 30 weeks and 6 days today. (4/4/09)
I went to OB and I had been telling the doctor how sick I feel, how much pain and I began to explain my pain. I had a previous c section is 2006, so she decided to look at my scar during the ultrasound. (Im high risk, I get U/S each visit) When looking on the ultrasound machine, it shows I have a torn uterus and she explained it is dangerous because the baby could tear through and be exposed to my abdomen, but I am wondering what other info there is out there for torn uterus's. I tried google, webmd, etc and nothing turns up.
Can you ladies help?

Rose87

Asked by Rose87 at 5:40 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I will tell you what happened to a friend of mine just 2 months ago.....She was full term, not a high risk and was over due. The doctor brought her in to induce her...Well, while pushing, she felt this horrible pain and couldn't move...Her uterus ripped open while she was pushing...They ended up doing an emergency c section to get that poor little baby out. My friend ended up having her uterus removed....and because the baby was in the birth canal...she went without oxygen for a few minutes causing brain damage. We don't know how bad it is yet...but she doesn't cry....she doesn't move very much....
    Is this one going to be a c section also? Is you doctor taking you early?
    I didn't tell you that story to scare you....just wanted you to know that it is very dangerous! Stay off your feet as much as possible and hang in there!
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 7:40 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I am going to get a c section, yes... my son was a c section and so from now on each pregnancy after will be c section...
    Rose87

Answer by Rose87 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i wish i had some anwer for you but i dont ... Hang in there and take it easy ...
    tweetyfan

Answer by tweetyfan at 10:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2009