My son is very clingy

My son is just over a year old and he is very clingy. Every time I walk he has a hold of my leg and wont let go so he walks with me. If I leave a room but his dad is there he screams the house down until I return.

Also he has been going through a stage of crying all day and night practically for no reason but if the phone rings etc he stops, so I can't work out whether he is playing us up or something is wrong?

Is it normal for a 1 year old to be so clingy and cry all the time for no reason?

Thanks

Kerry x

Blondielicious

Asked by Blondielicious at 7:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds reasonable. My dd is all of a sudden like that and she's almost two. All of a sudden she's shy and won't go to her teachers who she's with every day! She doesn't usually cry, just act's shy then runs off when I leave. I'm sure it's a phase. Not sure about the crying. Just keep an eyey on it. If anything else changes, such as appetite ors leep patters, take to doc. But if just fussy, I want attention now kinda of cry, then try to ignore it. It too will pass.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Hi Kerry,

I can't offer any answers, but maybe a word of encouragement, "this too shall pass" My son was exactly that way from the time he was three months old to about 18 months old. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why!!! He is now 28 months, more social, less clingy, but still cries for no apparent reason many times. Don't think I'll ever figure it out since he's changing by the day :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Thank you for replying hun, I guess you are right and it should pass. Lets hope it is soon, it is hard to even go to the toilet in my house lol
    Blondielicious

Answer by Blondielicious at 10:24 AM on Apr. 4, 2009