Did you know? A militant Taliban leader is claiming responsibility for an attack on an immigration centre in New York state in which 13 people were killed.

Baituallah Mehsud told the Reuters news agency by telephone from an undisclosed location that the gunman, who killed himself after the massacre, was one of his men.

He said the attack was in reaction to strikes by US drone aircraft in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

It's the third shooting massacre in the US in the past few weeks.

A gunman killed six people in a nursing home in North Carolina on 30 March and 10 people died in a shooting rampage in Alabama earlier in March.

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 9:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• HERE IS THE LINK http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/stories/2009/04/04/1245a965d038
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this week's reported "Asian gunman" turned out to be Middle Eastern next week--because TECHNICALLY parts of the Middle East are in ASIA...and you just KNOW the liberal media does whatever it can to play semantics when it comes to "man made disasterists!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I can't get the link to open. The page that comes up says it doesn't exist. Not sure if it's just my computer or what.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/stories/2009/04/04/1245a967974d

Try this.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:40 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• http://cbs2chicago.com/national/binghamton.hostages.shootings.2.975235.html

He was just an immigrant, who was upset about things. He was not a Taliban leader.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• It finally came up. I'm wondering if it's a hoax of sorts done by some classless idiot at a radio station. I haven't seen it anywhere else. I know tho, most mainstream media might shy away from reporting it...we wouldn't want to offend the terrorists.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Its a Ruters news piece from aussie
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:47 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• It hasn't been on American news as of yet.

I would like more accurate info either way....

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• anon 9:42 did you read the link?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My own link?? Yeah.. no where does it say he has terrorist connections. It does say that they don't have a motive yet.... so I think going around with out all the facts and getting your panties in a tizzy is dumb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 4, 2009