How can I encourage my child to crawl forward?

I have been trying for him to crawl he is seven months and knows how to roll over n sits well when he is put on his tummy he cries and pushes backwards but I need him to go forward! I have tried putting a towel under him and putting his legs in doggy postition but he just cries...help?....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He will do it on his own. This is common, there's nothing wrong with him. It's about the strength of the various muscles.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:44 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Keep putting your child on it's belly and all in time it will happen and then everything else will come faster with his mobility. Some don't crawl some go straight to walking.
    tasha724

Answer by tasha724 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• He will learn it. It takes practice.
    But you could put a favorite toy just out of reach and see if it helps.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:01 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Lots of tummy time! If he has a favorite toy or stuffed animal set it on the floor just out of reach. He will figure it out soon. When my son was that age, I lived with my mom and sisters and it took forever to get him to crawl because my sisters would pick him up because he cried (this was of course while I was not around) but he figured it out eventually.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• dont push him it will just take longer. My dd has been crawling since 5 months and have been chasing after her ever since so just enjoy it while it lasts.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2009