How do I keep my broken heart hidden from my son? I just want to cry all the time and I don't want him to see me.

lsj913

Asked by lsj913 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• :( Do you have someone you are able to talk to so you can get things out? It is not healthy to keep it all in.. It is so hard to be strong when our children depend on us, I know... Hang in there and if you have to cry in the shower or wait til your son goes to bed, then do that. You do have to let it out when you need to.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:19 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Thank you. I was seeing a therapist for a while, but I can't afford it anymore. My friends are sick of me being sad. It's been a long time.
    lsj913

Answer by lsj913 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I agree. You should wait until he is in bed, or have him take a nap, or even in the shower. I know how it can be. My sons father left me for my best friend of eleven years. It was hard. They don't even have a reason for doing it. Now we are back together, and her and I talk, but still arent friends, and this happened last summer. It was very very hard especially with a two year old. It was two days after my sons second birthday. I had to cry in front of him sometimes. I couldn't help it. I just told him I needed a hug, and that I was alright. Just sad for right now. I had to explain it wasn't anything he did. Mommy was just sad about something "aunt rachel" did. Everything gets better with time =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• You just get to a point through growth emotionally and physically that you can say to yourself that sob is gone he wasn't good because he made me feel bad he is gone for good. Songs by women given me strength when I was in a bad relationship. I've played them alot to boost me then. Girls and women needs to learn and practice, remember that to be respected it doesn't always need we must have a man in our life. I don't know if my daughters will marry but I've told them for years that they are successful and worthy of life and life's many roads even if they don't marry, don't have kids. You're still worthy of respect from that creep. The way for you to get respect from him is to turn it around. Stay away from him don't respond to any thing from him unless required by law, then get a lawyer to advocate fo you. Respect is taking care of ourselves our children without those who 24/7 hurt us. Sometimes respect is no partner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• P.S. you can message me ANYTIME to talk. I'm on here pretty often, more than once a day, so I can reply quick as possible =] Keep your head up momma!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Allow yourself an hour or so to cry during the day. Even in 15 minute intervals. Cry in the bathroom with the water running if necessary. When the time is up, rinse your face with cold water, dry yourself off, breathe and relax, and then resume your life. Even if you don't feel like crying, give it a try anyway.

Answer by Bmat at 10:39 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• did you try to talk to someone? Journal writing is one way.

Crying is one way to relieve the stress and tension, late night when your son is in bed sleeping good. Cry and hope you feel better soon.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• This may sound odd but have you tried exercise? That is a great way to work out the tension. It also releases endorphins, the bodies natural "happy" drug :)
    Also, yoshiki56, has a good idea, using a journal. You could also write letters to whomever caused you this sadness then burn them as a symbol of letting go. You never mail them it just a way of venting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Why would you want to hide your feelings from your child? Heartaches are a part of life and he will someday have to deal with them himself. Do you want to teach him to be open and honest about his feelings or do you want to teach him to hide them? He will learn from your example how to deal with and share the hurts of life.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I appreciate all of your responses. My son is 14 years old and I don't think I am trying to hide my feelings. I just want him to not worry about having a mom that is a mess. He knows I'm sad. I guess this comes from when I was his age. My dad left my mom and she cried for him every day until the day she died. I don't want my son to feel about me the way I felt about my mom.
    lsj913

Answer by lsj913 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2009