Can you check a pack and play at the airport and if so, how would you pack it?

I am traveling to Brazil with my two kids and need a pack and play for my baby to sleep in while we are there. They are too expensive there to buy another one! I am just wondering if any of you have ever taken a pack and play with you and how did you pack it? Could I leave it the way it is when all packed up? Would it survive the baggage handlers?

Thank you in advance!

CalebsMommy06

Asked by CalebsMommy06 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Travel

• I have always just left it in the bag it comes in. I have never had any problems. The outer bag will probably get dirty. You could put it in a larger duffel bag if you don't want it dirty.
    Have a safe trip and have a great time!
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 10:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have traveled with pack and plays quite often. We always just shipped them in the bags they came in. They survived baggage handling just fine.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I used to leave our pack and play in its regular bag until I got a new one. Our old one was not very expensive but more importantly it was dark blue. The new one that we got was light blue and was pretty much desptroyed. They broke the zipper and ripped the handle, the thing was embarassing. So i wound up going to a TJMaxx or Ross or soemthing like that and bought a rolling duffle bag that would hold it and it is so much easier for getting to the desk to check you baggage. I think it really comes down who handles it. I flew with one last year about 6 times and it ony took one time for the bag to be destroyed. So think about how much you spent on it. But they for sure will take it in the bag that it comes in.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009