I'm looking for cloth training pants...

But I can't seem to find any that are affordable AND waterproof... My son refuses to use the potty. We have been potty training for 16 months and are really no further along now than we were then. His 20 mo old little brother is doing great but he is content to sit in a diaper as long as he can't feel the wettness. So we switched to pullups which are very pricy and waistful and still keep him rather dry. So we decided to switch to training pants thinking he will feel wet with those and want to go potty. But I can't find any that don't have to have a seperate cover... I thought they were all one piece now.

Can someone let me know where I can find these for less than $10 each... for that, we'll have to stay with pull-ups...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try walmart or kmart that is where I got mine but honestly not to be rude, but going back and forth is going to mess with him
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Did I read that right? You have been potty training for 16 months? That is crazy! I have an article for you to read....go to www.babycenter.com They have an article on there about how to potty train in 3 days! You may want to give that a try!
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 10:36 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I bought some all in one waterproof gerber training pants at Target last week. Another thing you can do is google cloth pull ups, I know many companies make them. But personally I think you need to stop stressing about potty training. Let him do it when he wants to. My oldest potty trained in 2 days when he was 3 1/2yrs, my 2nd son potty trained at 21mo. I didn't push it they just did it themselves w/out any parent coaching. Sounds like it's turnning into a power struggle, let it go for right now
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Eliminate the pull ups. Not only are they a waste of money and time, they seem to make potty training harder. Switch him to just underware, have him change his pants when he is wet. It will take a minute but not nearly as long as you already have gone.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• momShawn - I don't want him peeing and pooing all over my furnature... That's why we are looking for training pants. The waterproof liner wil illiminate pee on my furnature but give him the same feel as undies...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• If you can't find any that you like, take some cloth diaers or old burp clothes (that's what I used), cut them into strips as wide as the crotch of his diaper. Put one inside his diaper every time you change him. You'll get the protection of the diaper and he'll get the wetness of the fabric.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009