how do you know if your still happy

ive been with my hubby for almost 10 years now, married for only a few, and every day that i wake up im more sad and misserable then what i was the day before. its almost as if i want to leave, but have kids and no where to go. is it that im really not happy anymore, or just all the stress im under? it feels like he dont even take my feelings into concideration anymore, as long as he gets what he wants, then screw me, at least thats what it feels like. im never happy anymore, please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like you need to leave........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• You may just need a few days get away.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Leave for awhile, and see if you miss him, just tell him you need a vacation.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• If you are under a tremendous amount of stress it may put you in to depression. You may want to talk to your doctor about that. If it is more about your relationship with your husband then a stressful day you may want to seek some counseling to resolve your issues between each other. Don't make any hasty decisions until you have all bases. Seems like you two have been together for awhile and you have a family together you need to utilize other alternatives first before you decide to just throw it all way. Remember one thing, create your own happiness and don't depend on someone to create it for you. Good Luck
    ivntee07

Answer by ivntee07 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• You should ask yourself..." Do I love him?" You know the answer in your heart if you think about it. If you do, stay and try to get therapy and work and talk to him as much as possible about how you want to revamp your relationship. If you don't, you should move forward with divorce. Don't stay miserable, it is not worth it for anyone including the kids.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• It sounds to me like you're a little depressed. After being together for so many years and then "legalizing" it, I don't care what anyone says, that piece of paper does change things, that's why my opinion is, you shouldn't live together till you are married because you only have one adaption period.
    Maybe he's feeling the same way you are... you should talk to him about it. Ask yourself if you're giving him the things you're wanting him to give you. People usually get what they give (that's not for the people that are abused or treated really bad) in a "normal" relationship.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:31 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Have you talked with your husband about your feelings?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:38 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Happiness is a choice. As long as you dwell on all the negatives in your life, you are choosing to be unhappy. Think on the positives and choose to be happy, realizing that you have no power to change your husband nor anyone else. But you do have the power to change yourself and the way you think all the time. This is the man that you chose to marry and to have your children with. Think back to those things that caused you to want this man in your life. Compliment the good. Ignore the negative. Choose to be happy and you will be happy. Choose to be miserable and you will be miserable. It's all up to you!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:59 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Have you talked to your husband? He may not know how you feel. Also, you cant depend on him to make you happy. You need to find away to make yourself happy. Go get some counseling, as a couple and individually.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• If you still feel love for him, it's probably just stress. I am 110% in love and happy with my dh, but honestly there are days I just want to get away from it all. Usually when the kids and I have a bad day. It has nothing to do with dh.
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 1:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2009