Would or do you go to a bar or club with your S/O?

We used to go but he says that he either has to end up getting in an argument or altercation {at the clubs mostly} over some idiot with no respect. That's when we started going to the VFW or to the grown and sexy clubs. Now we have stopped altogether.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 11:01 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We always go together. Who else am I going to dance with? LOL! Sometimes a few friends will meet us there but it's usually just us!
    Anonymous

• He HAS to get into an altercation? Or what, he'll wither and die? I don't blame you for not going anymore if he has to blow his wad of testosterone in such a fashion. Now, we go because I'm a stand-up comedian (part time) and he likes to come to the show and support me, but he doesn't drink alcohol or get into arguments, not even with hecklers (I can handle my hecklers just fine by myself).
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Nope... It's a matter of respect.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:09 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• We went once 2 years ago for a concert at a bar, and we went to a club for New Years Eve this year. He says he did plenty of clubbing in his single days, and I've never been much of fan. Especially now that we need a sitter, between the sitter, taxi, gas for the car ride out there then taking a second vehicle out the next day, drinks and the entrance fee, its way to expensive. New Years was about 200 dollars... I'm waaay to cheap to spend that much on one night more often than every few years.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yep there are some men who likes to size him up and test his patience. We both love to dance but every now and then someone has to act a fool.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have to be blunt...someone that HAS to get into an altercation (and knows it before-hand) has his own issues that he may be accusing other people of. It's true, the thing that we hate the most in others, we USUALLY have in ourselves. My husband (and I) go to bars ALL the time in multiple states, countries, large cities and towns and not once have either of us ever been in a fight. It takes two to have an arguement or throw punches. If you refuse to argue or refuse to punch...there's no altercation lol. That's a shame you can't go out because he feels he'll fight with people. Perhaps he can try some anger management so that stupid shit doesn't bother him so much? Don't be upset with me now, I'm being honest from my perspective reading your question. You cannot control what other people do but you CAN control what YOU do.

Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• No - he is very large member of N/A.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I mean very well known.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• NovemberLove yes he does have a temper. But its a whole different story when another man see you with you man and still try to "holla"...that is disrespectful and yes Hubby will throw down in a minute...that is just how it is. They were already warned when they saw us together. He doesn't go and pick fights..comon. That's Jeff for ya.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• lol I love to have a good time, and me and my DH go to the club with our other couple friends sometimes. And we go to bars sometimes. Why not?
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 12:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2009