is there a difference in powered and concentrated formula?

My son is 5 months and I have been using the concentrated formula you add water too, but want to switch to the powered for convience purposes. Is there a difference? Will the switch cause an upset with my child or will it go unnoticed? Thanks to all who answer :]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think they are basically the same. My son didn't even seem to notice the switch when I switched him to powder. And it is so convenient! When I go out all I have to do is take a bottle full of water and the can of formula with me.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• price. I have used both. I didn't like the premixed because it stained mydd's clothing. It's more of a brownish offwhite color while the powereded come out white when mixed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• .. another thought. I liked the powered b/c you can take water wtih you and just dump in a pre mixed amount or prepackaged (4 oz). The premixed, depending on what you buy, needs to go in the fridge so must be warmed up. Of course, they do sell bottle size, and no need to refrig those.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Premixed is a waste of money. Go with powdered. Same stuff, but more convenient and cheaper.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My daughter was on powdered formula at first but it seemed like she would have a lot of gas with it. I tried a lots of things to make it help like gas drops but nothing. So i decided to try the concentrate and she was SO much better! She rarely had gas at all! So now i use concentrate. I agree its way more convenient and cheaper and if she didnt have that bad of gas problems then i probably be still using the powdered.
    oxojen178oxo

Answer by oxojen178oxo at 4:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2009