pregnant belly after birth?

how long does is take for the pregnancy belly to go down after birth? i heard that it looks like you are about 5 months pregnant for like 2 months after, is that true? before preg i was 135 and now at 178 and she will be born in about 2 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It takes about 6 months for your uterus to go back to a normal size.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• It goes down a lot in the first few weeks, especially if you are breastfeeding. It may also go away quicker if this is your first. With both of my pregnancies I was back into my regular jeans by around 2 months, but both times when I stopped breastfeeding I quickly gained back some of the weight.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:37 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• breastfeeding really helps with that..... you will look pregnant for about the first week.... depending on how your body copes.. I breastfed both kids and within 2 weeks I was back to my pre pregnancy weight.... and in 3 weeks I was ready to go back to work.... and I dance so i couldnt have looked too pregnant lol but it all depends on your body.

But definately breastfeeding helps... ALOT
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 3:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2009