• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone feel like they are always behind in chores??

Sometimes i feel so overwhelmed with housework, i have been a stay at home mom for about 3 years now and i try not to cut into my play time with the kids and save chores for when they are napping. But sometimes there is just so much that i feel like i cant start anywhere. I feel like i have laundry coming out my ears, if i dont do a load a day i end up having to do 4 loads by day 2. And dishes!!!!!!!! oh my gosh a load a day, i have 2 kids, and of course my husband. But when i feel overwhelmed like this i dont know what to do, and i dont want to ask my husband to do it because he works all day and pays for me to stay home with the kids so i have the added pressure of my pulling my weight. Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me????

emleejane

Asked by emleejane at 11:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I feel like that EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! LOL

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• *raises my hand*

My dd was eight when my son was born. I had all day at home alone and the house was spotless...I loved it. Not a snowball's chance in hell of doing that now. My son is two, and between spending time with him, and cleaning up after him my day is shot!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Dishes and Laundry, Dishes and Laundry. I feel like I am constantly washing and putting them away. They get used quicker than I can keep up with them. Sometimes I feel like we are using dishes out of the diswasher or dishrack and clean clothes straight from the laundry basket. I never have time to put them away.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Haha, well i fell a million times better, sometimes i think there is no way that this is how it should be, where is this groove people are talking about that you will find. The kids clean clothes are, it seems like, always spread out all over the guest bed, if i dont do the dishes for one day the sink is throwing up dishes all over the counter. I have a 2 and a half year old and one and a half year old so they keep me pretty busy but i feel like i should be getting somewhere with the chores and Im not
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 11:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I only commit myself to a chore a day. If it all doesn't get done, oh well. I also wait until after my son's in bed for the night to do some chores too. I'd rather let it pile up than miss him growing up. I stay at home too.
    lizpoulette

Answer by lizpoulette at 11:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I run a home daycare and spend my whole day taking care of that, I don't have time to be cleaning toilets, bathtubs, etc. Then my husband comes home and never even picks up after himself much helps out with stuff that everyone uses (toilets, etc.) so I am always behind - and he lets me know it too. I work more hours, with a harder job (taking care of 4-6 toddlers and babies) but since I'm home all day it's all MY JOB to keep the house clean and pick up after my 40 year old husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• oh yeah for sure i dont stress about getting it done and i dont do chores unless the kids are napping and doing chores at night are out of the question for me thats when my husband and i have our time to catch up and talk, or watch a movie. It just gets frustrating sometimes when you come in from a fun day and your house looks thrashed, but i guess it doesnt last forever, or it might i dunno.
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 11:51 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• *much LESS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I really dont mind the dishes... but what about all those greasy pots and pans from cooking almost everyday. Not to mention the endless loads of laundry, trips to the grocery store and the endless chores. Dont dare ask the hubby to help because he is already working over 50 hours just to make ends meet. Then they wonder why we are in a bad mood half the time. I guess we should be wearing our french maids outfit with a smile and not complain, we-we... lol.
    Nyprmom

Answer by Nyprmom at 11:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i dont mind doing it, its all small price to pay to be able to stay home and play with kids. I just thought my kids and husband are testing me or messing with me, i dont understand how they can go through so much laundry and dishes, i catch myself wearing the same pair of jeans for 3 days just to save on laundry and using paper towels for plates, haha, or if i just put away all the dishes and need a fork ill debate if i should just use my fingers.
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 11:57 AM on Apr. 4, 2009