Anyone found a good rocker for their nursery?

I found one at Babies R Us that was comfortable and cute, but the reviews are no good...they say after a while the chair starts sqeaking and creaking and nothing seems to help it...Does anyone have a chair they love? If so where can I get one! And what did it cost?
Thanks!!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, we bought the kind of glider that everyone swears you need for a baby, and didn't like it that well. It wasn't the quality, because that was fine... it was the style of chair. It starts getting uncomfortable as the child gets bigger. When we had our second, we moved the glider to the baby's room but wanted some sort of rocker for our toddler's room. We found a regular soft armchair that rocked, bought it used... it is SO MUCH more comfortable for rocking a child in. You can snuggle in there in so many more positions. I wish I had this in my baby's room for breastfeeding. Those gliders are just so narrow, usually have wooden arms (even if they're slightly cushioned). In your place, I would look for a great big comfy armchair that rocks. It will be better as your child grows up.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2009