i have a cat and i'm reallizing i'm allergic. I am prgenant...can my allergies hurt my unborn baby. I also was test for taxoplasmosis and do not have it....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if your allergic to the cat why keep it? im sorry but i DO NOT understand what you are asking here .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• ive am "mildly allergic, love cats, and have had them all my life......i will call my doctor and ask if my allergies could effect my unborn...THATS WHAT I'M ASKING
    Anonymous

• I am mildly allergic to cats and we had a cat during and after my pregnancy. It did not do any harm to the baby. Maybe don't let the cat sleep in your bedroom. I know that may sound mean especially if the cat has been allowed there, but my son is allergic to cats and we have two and I did alot of allergy research and you should have at least one room be pet free and it should be the bedroom because you spend lots of hours there. So wash all the bedclothes in hot water and vacuum everything in there, curtains too! Buy a cushy cat bed and put it somewhere else and you can still have your cat and be happy too~
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 4:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2009