Needy 8 month old.

He's been crying every time we sit him down. I played with him all morning to soothe him and as soon as I sat him down he started crying. He's been wanting us to hold him constantly here lately, and I don't know if holding him is making it worse or not, but he's been very clingy. So, am I suppose to let him cry it out some? I don't CIO at night, but when he's like this during the day, should I play with him for a while then sit him down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hold your baby! They cling right before they go into a new stage of development. they just want reassurance that you will still be mommy. Hold him. I wish I could hold mine.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 12:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I remember this one period of time when my son was around 8 or 9 mos old and wanted me to hold him ALL THE TIME!! So one day I just let him cry. And he sat on the kitchen floor and BAWLED for like 15 mins. I thought I was teaching him that mommy can't always hold him. Boy was that stupid. He was just a baby and he wanted his mommy to hold him. If I could go back I wouldn't have done that. My "baby" is 13 now and I just wish I could go back to babyhood when all he wanted was ME!! So hold that baby honey. It goes by at warp speed.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 4:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2009