Do you think your toddler gets all the nutrients they need?

Trying to make sure he is getting all the calcium, iron, fiber and everything else is stressing me out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Omigosh you too honey? My 2 year old is very picky and it scares the shit out of me. So guess what I do? Give him vitamins and juice to supplement what he eats. Im thankful he loves field peas and he also likes mild and orange juice.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My 2 & 3 yr olds are both very picky eaters. They won't eat ANY veggies and very limited fruits. I have started sneaking the veggies in different ways but I too worry about them not getting enough of the nutrients that they need. We give them a multi vitamin every morning and hopefully that helps.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I do worry, but I know that I have no reason. My dd is always eating something, and she is in great shape.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Kind or puts me in the mind of that ravioli commercial with the vegetables being in the ravioli. The dad wants to say that that there are veggies in the ravioli while the son is eating it but the mother is doing all she can to shush...lol..its cute
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I think it's best not to stress! If you are concerned, ask your doctor about vitimains. My dd eats anything and everything, so I don't worry. But if you have a picky eater, may want to consider vitaims or health drink that offers what the miss.
    Anonymous

• I don't look at ingredients. I just feed her a balanced diet. It helps that she loves her milk, likes fruit, veggies, meat, everything we eat. But if you have trouble getting your toddler to eat certain food groups in certain phases, just make sure there's something fortified in there... Luckily there are lots of different sources of fiber, lots of ways to get calcium, etc.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2009