Did I have a Miscarrage??

So Thursday I found out that I'm pregnant by taking a home pregnancy test. (id be about four weeks 3 days) But Last night I had terrible constipation and I was pushing really hard... and I started to bleed a little bit. I was a little worried but bled before in a pregnancy and was fine so I didn't worry too much. But when I got home that night I went to pee and noticed i had bled quite a bit last night and most of it was black but some was red. Did I misscarry?? Im so confused, whats going on? Should I go to the doctor now or can i wait till monday? Will I have to have a D&C? What should I do?

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 12:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most likely if you do end up miscarrying you wont need a d&c, your body will do it on its own. But if you are not seeing large clots it could be old implantation bleeding. I could call a dr or go to the ER to make sure. With both of my miscarriages I bleed just a little before the clots starting coming. I never needed to have the d&c though. Good luck!!
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 2:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• if your worried about it then go to the doctor if you think you miscarried why would you wait?
    Anonymous

• Well some people are saying don't worry about it.. it'll be just like a regular period and that theres no need to go.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 12:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• no if there is any chance of a miscarriage you do need to go to the dr they gotta check you . i have had 3 and i didnt have a D&C because everything came out on its own but you do need to be checked . you can get infection from it .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I would go to the Dr or the ER just to be on the safe side. Or just wait until Monday to call your OB. But if your worried about it I would say go to the Dr. Better safe than sorry! GL to you!
    jziegler

Answer by jziegler at 12:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• well, i'm having lots of red blood (just like a period) so i'm pretty sure it's a miscarriage. But no clots. Lots of Cramping though. So do you think I caused my miscarraige by pushing to hard or do you think It would have happened anyway? I feel so terrible...
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 7:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2009