• In the Spotlight:

birth certificate

i never received my dd's birth certificate....when we got the forms to fill out, we weren't told anything other than to fill them out and send them to the address listed.....is there a number or something i can call to find out about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is your dd. I didnt get my dd until she was about 6 weeks and the hospital sent ours in. It all depends.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• look up your local health department look for the vital statics department they are usually the ones that deal with birth and death certificates . at least that is what is was in OKC my grandmother works from them ,
    i didnt even get my sons til he was almost 2 months .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I had to order mine separately. Thre should be a website with order info. It's not too expensive so I went ahead and got two.
    Anonymous

• my son is gonna be 2 in 6 days & we still don't have it. we gave the hospital the form & even paid for extra copies (i misplace things) but we never got one & the hospital wasn't much help in getting us info...
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 1:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• im in indiana and we have to go to the court house to get our lil ones birth certificate cost 10$
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• go to your county court house and ask for birth/death records, I think its the cuircut clerk. You pay a fee for them so get copies for future use.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• also you do not leave hosp with it, they mail it to you after its recorded, hope that helps.
    Bearsjen

• GO ON LINE I ORDERED MY DS HE WAS BORN IN A DIFFERENT STATE THAN WE LIVE IN NOW I THINK I PAID 30 DOLLARD AND GOT IT IN LIKE 5 DAYS GO TO VITAL RECORDS IF THE CHILD WAS BORN WHERE YOU LIVE GO TO THE COURT HOUSE IT WILL BE LIK 10 DOLLARS
    rjsjjs1

Answer by rjsjjs1 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2009