What is the best way to approach your husband with the thought of having aother child?

My husband and I have a 3 y/o son and my heart yearns for another baby. I'm not entirely sure how to bring this up with my husband. He loves kids, but he seems more interested in other things. I would never go behind his back and get pregnant (by him I mean). How do I talk to him about this? And when is a good time?

baileyroberts

Asked by baileyroberts at 1:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Are you affaid of your DH? Because I do not understand why you can't just say to him "I want another baby", to bring up the idea to him. If I want to ask my DH anything I just start talking about it

Answer by louise2 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i didn't really know how to bring it up either... i just started crying on the couch one day, and said " i want another baby! sniff, sniff, sniff" :) just got our BFP last week!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• just come out with it the worst he can say is no but atleast you tried. I want to have another baby too, but we are going to wait alittle while because he's not ready and that's fine with me.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 4:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I agree with Louise... If this is your husband then you should be able to talk about anything to him. Dont hesitate, just get it out and see what happens. You can tell him that you dont want the children too far apart and that you want your first child to have a play mate. Those are both really good reasons and not to mention that you want to share another baby togeather.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• When my husband and I first met he wanted 2 children and I wanted 3 but we agreed that we will see how baby #2 goes and will go from there. I think thats fair for him to say. And plus my husband always wants to make sure that Im happy, hes always been like that so Im sure if I really want to push for baby #3 someday it wont be a problem. Gl to you and just talk to hubby
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Thanks everyone. I'm not sure when I'm going to just ask him, but will definetly just do it!
    baileyroberts

Answer by baileyroberts at 9:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• loiuse2- I dont think your answer was very nice or considerate

anyways, i would just bring it up one day to him. try it on a day when you both arent stressed and maybe even ask him if he ever thinks about having another child. maybe his answer or thoughts might be the same as yours.
    Luckystar3982

Answer by Luckystar3982 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I just held other peoples babies and got him to hold them. Then told him he looked good with one in his arms and I wanted to share that with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on May. 11, 2009