Health Insurance for low income families in California? I have no idea where to look!

Same question in Kid's Health:

My son and I currently live in Illinois and are on the Illinois Health Connect plan (insurance for low-income families) later this year my son and I are going to be moving to California (Twentynine Palms) with my SO (not married) and I would like to figure out what to do about health care for my son and possibly myself. I am trying to google search and I am coming up with a lot of junk.

Can any moms in Cali help me out? I need to know if we'll even be eligible since we haven't been living there for a certain period of time. What websites, phone numbers, etc should I be looking for? If there is anything else I need to know please help. I am soo lost!

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Health

• Start with DSHS==welfare office. They can help you get started/answer your questions.

Answer by louise2 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2009