to those who pray...

If you pray to yourself in your head does god still hear it the same as if you were praying out loud?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, but Satan can only hear the ones spoken.

Huh?  Never heard that before.  And so what if he can? 

Yes, GOD can hear your silent prayers just as well as your "out loud" prayers.  But the spoken prayers DO hold more power.  That doesn't mean that you're supposed to pray where others can hear you but it is sort of like "The Secret".  The more you "speak it", the more likely you are to "see it".  Of course, when you come down to the nitty gritty, GOD already knows what we want and need before we even bother to say it.  The idea is to speak positively and affirm what we wish to see.

jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I believe He does. God is all knowing.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yes He does, just as he hears/ knows all of your other thoughts.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I would think so. I think there are times especially in the modern world where speaking out loud just wouldnt work. And when in group prayer, as in church, one leads the prayer while the others pray along silently.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i believe God knows my heart, so a prayer that is thought, is just as well-received as spoken-word. also, when there are times i don't know what to pray, maybe the words won't come to mind/mouth..i'm just lost in frustration or sadness/whatever, God knows again.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 2:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 2:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• yup
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Of course. Do you think G-d wouldn't hear a prayer put forth by someone who was mute?
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yes, and I also believe that God would not allow Satan to hear the Prayers of his people and use them against them.....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yes. But I do and believe I should pray as often out loud as I can. Letting Satin and his meneons know I am faithful to God as he is to me. For not all of my prayers are asking for help. Some are just to Bless Him and Thank Him for how wonderful He is. And I like to jab Satin with it everytime I can. :-)
    Mommy2Bears

Answer by Mommy2Bears at 5:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2009