what do you do when you are an admin and all the support of the group falls on you....

and the group owner 1. takes all the credit, and 2. slams you for things she feels you are doing wrong? to be clear I get very little input, and this person changes her mind daily about guidlines and rules of the group. I loved the group but alot of heart into it and now I do not trust the memebers. I do not want to leave but i was thinking of starting my own now, and inviting those who have had similar probs with me. Anyone else an admin who feels completely taken advantage of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I haven't had this experience personally, but if you are unhappy and unable to come to an understanding with the group owner, then just leave the group or ask to be relieved of your admin duties and just be a regular group member. Life is too short to stress over something like this. Good luck.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• This has happened numerous times in a certain group. When any admin. tries to talk to the owner she creates drama about it. She feels her admins should do all the work and that she never has to respond to members posts nor give respect to her admins. Her favorite thing to do is to try and buy people with gifts, but they do not realize this and think she is being kind by sending them little things here and there for being a great admin. Then we you try to speak with her about the group and her ways, she throws the gifts up in your face. She also claims any fame you may have, she created that in you. Basically I would laugh it off and leave the group. You don't need a GO that is not understanding or willing to work with you on group issues as a team.
    Anonymous

• ty ladies and youre right life is too short. That being said i have decided to start my own group with the original members that are unhappy with it as well.Its not a competition, I simply want my "safe" place back and others do too, so this way everyone wins and the group owner can continue to ignore and abuse someone else. :o) ty.
    Anonymous

• Good for you! I hope that it will be smoother sailing for you with your new group.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2009