Did you bring your laptop to the L&D with you??

I noticed some moms on here talking about their birth stories while they are in the hospital online...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I brought mine. Mostly so we could e-mail everyone right away that our son was born. But also to pass the time.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I am only planning on bringing mine because my DH is deployed and I want him to get pictures of our daughter asap! .....but my laptop will be the last thing on my mind...I want to make sure to get my bag an carseat before anything else!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I'm bringing mine. The mother baby ward doesn't even have a vcr, much less cable BUT they have wireless internet!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 1:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Some even have laptops you can borrow while you're there if you don't want to worry about remembering yours...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Dh did. They didn't want us recording, so he used the webcam on the laptop to record without them knowing. It didn't matter much though, because I was in labor forever and so by the time I had the baby, he had closed it. I had a c/s, so we weren't even in the same room. After that, everything was so difficult, the last thing I wanted to do was get on the internet.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I am hoping for an easy enough labor to feel up to "chatting' lol. lucky.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• No only because I didn't have one, if I did I would have.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i didnt bring one. the hospital has cable so i was watchin tv while i was waiting...but i was in so much pain most the time or tryin to sleep after the epi i wouldnt have had time to do anything else.
    kimmysmommy1205

Answer by kimmysmommy1205 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2009